A Ndebele, Zulu name meaning "Flower"
Mbali is finally here to grace us with her beauty! Her full name is Mbalenhle which means “Beautiful Flower” but everyone calls her Mbali for short. Mbali by itself means "Flower" and is of Ndebele origin. Mbali's inspiration came from looking at the Ndebele's colorful clothing, art, and jewelry. Their attire is very colorful like most African groups, but the Ndebele people's colorful clothing has a very specific and intriguing look. To match their beautiful clothing, their hairstyles and their headdresses are stunning.
(Continue reading below...)
Plants, jewelry, and accessories are NOT included
Measurements (New sizings as of 2.1.2022)
- Medium: Diameter: 5" / Height: 7"
- Large: Diameter: 6.25" / Height: 9.5"
- XL: Diameter: 8" / Height 11.75"
NOTE - All Small sizes have been repurposed. Small Sizes are still available but are now called Minis and now come with special plants and/or flowers of the month.
- Ear Piercings: Yes! The ears are now pierced on all of our Rooted Pots now. So you can add even more artistic flavor by finding the perfect earrings for your Rooted Pots.
- Drainage: Yes and optional to have without drainage holes
- Material: Polylactic acid (PLA) - a vegetable-based biodegradable plastic that is good for the environment and not as fragile as terracotta and other typical planter materials
- 10+ Color Finishes: Black, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Tropez, Lavender, Bubblegum Pink, Earth Stone, White, Red, and Green
- Handmade Policy: All Pieces are made to order. Each item is individually crafted by hand, and minor flaws and imperfections are an inherent part of hand-decorated pieces. Pieces may vary slightly in size, shape, color, dimension, placement, and composition. All Sales are Final
- Plants, jewelry, and accessories are not included.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Indoor/Outdoor Use? - Yes, however, outdoor environments can cause a slight fade over months in certain finishes like Bronze and Earth Stone
- Can I use it as a Vase? - No. These pots are designed with drown-proof channels and pores to ensure if someone overwaters their plants that the excess water eventually drains out. However, applying clear sealant would plug up the pore holes and turn them into a vase that can hold water securely. Adding a drainage hole ensures your plant will have the water drained out quicker
- How long before my Rooted Pots are delivered? - Each Rooted Pot is created upon order. Our process involves sanding, priming, and painting each one while also manually drilling the drainage holes. This entire process can take up to a week to complete because the process of drying the primers and paints can be upwards of 24 hours between coat layers. This leads to most Rooted Pots taking 1-2 weeks to be delivered to your door. When order volumes are very high, this can sometimes take 2-4 weeks. The earlier you get your order in, the better chance you have to avoid the rush of orders
- Ship Outside the USA? - Yes, however that shipping isn't free. To see the cost of shipping to your country, proceed to check out. Also, additional duties, taxes, and fees may apply to your country upon delivery. We do not pay duties and taxes for shipping outside of the United States. It is the purchaser's responsibility to know the rules of their country's shipping customs. We, at Rooted Pots, are not liable for any shipped product held or seized at any country's customs patrol.
- How do I contact you if I have questions or issues? - Send all emails and questions to contact@RootedPots.com or send us a DM on our Instagram @RootedPots
*During an extremely high volume of orders, processing could take upwards to 2-4 weeks days as these are handmade to order. Thank you for your consideration.
**Plants/Flowers, jewelry, and/or accessories are not included in any of the purchases.
Ndebele people typically have shorter hairstyles but Mbali's design in her hair is very African-American. The idea was someone who may be far away from their country and people while merging African-American styles to their way of living can still be very connected to the roots of where they come from. And even those who have had their history systematically erased through the horrible trials of slavery can still adopt in a meaningful way the art, style, and culture of the Ndebele people or any African group of their choosing. OUR collective African historical roots are intertwined, strong, and run very deep!
Mbali is the first Rooted Pots design to have pierced ears so that not only can you adorn her with a beautiful plant of your choosing, but you can also give her stunning earrings to match!